- Group CIO
2010 - maintenant
ORANGINA- SCHWEPPES - Based in Paris, France
Third Largest Consumer Packaged Goods company in Continental Europe with a 1,5 B$ turnover and 2.500 employees worldwide (2010). Orangina Schweppes belong to the Suntory Group (Japan)
Brands including : Orangina, Schweppes, Oasis, Banga, Gini,, Canad Dry, Trina, Sunny delight, la Casera ..
- IT Director
2004 - 2010
PepsiCo Inc.: 3rd Largest Consumer Packaged Goods company with a 27B$ turnover and 145.000 employees worldwide.
Brands including Pepsi-Cola, Mirinda, Seven Up, Mountain Dew, Gatorade, Aquafina, Tropicana, Dole, Quaker, Lay’s, Doritos and Cheetos.
** Since 02/2008 IT Director Business Engagement Developed markets (Reporting to the regions VP CIO)
As a member of the CIOs direct reports team, I am active in the design and development of the corporate IT strategy to support the company’s growth plan. My primary focus is on delivering IT Services to a group of Market Units (MU) including: France, Germany, Italy, Netherland, Belgium and Nordics countries (2007 : circa 1300 M€ turnover / +1000 employees).
Management of a team of +40 internal/external people across multiple geographies with 4 directs report (MUs IT managers)
Direct responsibility of a 15 M€ baseline budget and a 2M€ investment budget.
Definition and execution of the local IT strategy / agenda in alignment with the regional IT strategy and the corporate guidelines.
** 07/2005 - 02/2008 IT Director M&A and Business Development (Reporting to the regions VP CIO)
As a member of the CIOs direct reports team, My primary focus was on delivering support (Due Diligence) and designing the relevant IT solutions for new acquisitions or new business development across the European region. My secondary focus was on coordinating the IT compliance program across Europe (SOX implementation, Own assessment and remediation, ITIL).
Key Achievements (M&A) :
- Sandora acquisition in Ukraine (Juice manufacturer / 2006 : 230 M$ turnover - 3.600 staff)
- Duyvis / Benenuts acquisition (Nuts manufacturer / 2005 : 100 M€ turnover with sells in 3 markets : France, Belgium & Holland and one production unit in Holland)
- Star food acquisition in Poland (Snack and chips manufacturer / 2006 : 100 M€ turnover - 1.500 staff)
- Benelux integration (Merger of 2 PepsiCo companies - Tropicana & Frito -Lay into one P&L)
- Star food acquisition in Romania (Snack and chips manufacturer / 2005 : 50 M€ turnover)
- Punica acquisition in Germany (Juice manufacturer / 2005 : 100 M€ turnover)
- Penelopa acquisition in Bulgaria (Nuts and Seeds manufacturer / 2007 : 15 M€ turnover)
- Lebedyansky acquisition in Russia (Juice manufacturer / 2007 : 1 B$ turnover - 6000 staff)
- Marbo acquisition in Serbia / Bosnia / Croatia (Snack and chips manufacturer / 2007 : 75 M€ turnover – 1100 staff)
** 06/2004 - 02/2008 IT Director ERP Operations Belgium (Reporting to the regions VP CIO)
Management of a team of 9 internal based in Belgium, in charge of the continental Europe-wide Oracle Application servicing 6 countries and 5 plants (Order to Cash cycle, Finance flows and Operations). Software hosted within Oracle Corp. in the US (ASP contract) complemented by offshore team (1/3 party) for support and projects.
Management of 2,5 M€ baseline and 0,5 M€ investment budget.
Key Achievements :
- Team re-organization : Segregation of duties between support activities and projects, set-up of Service Level Agreements (SLA) with each of the serviced internal customers
- Re-assessment of the team’s job description (roles, skills and core competencies)
- Re-design of the change management and version release process
- Directeur des systemes d'information (DSI)
2000 - 2005
PepsiCo France (460MM€ turnover / 310 employees) selling and distributing within the French market of a sub-set of the PepsiCo Inc.‘s brands portfolio.
** Aug. 00 – July 05 -- IT director (member of the PepsiCo France Board of directors), Dual reporting to the French General Manager and to the region’s VP CIO.
Management of a team of 7 internal based in Paris (Technical infrastructures: 3 people / Applications: 4 people)
Management of 2,5MM€ baseline budget and 0,5MM€ investment budget (Total IT budget around 1% of Net revenue)
Definition and execution of the local IT strategy in alignment with the regional IT strategy and the corporate guidelines.
Great emphasis was placed on building a trusted relationship with the business that led to a day-to-day joint management of the local IT agenda.
Implementation of IT best practices, audit compliance, security imperatives, setup of a full disaster recovery plan and a joint business continuity plan, offshore development (India) and IT cost reduction.
- Successful IT merger of the French’s PepsiCo companies: PepsiCo France and Tropicana France in 2002 and then PepsiCo France and Quaker France in 2003. In only 18 months and a total budget of 2MM€ we completely redesigned the enterprise application architecture and deployed new IT capabilities: implementation of Oracle Financial, a unique ‘Order To Cash’ package, and unique reporting capabilities; a move to a new location; the selection and implementation of a new sales representative package (100 sales representative); IT Team re-organization; and an IT cost reduction with the overall target of reducing /optimizing the IT budget to circa 1% of net revenue (Industry average circa 2%)
- Management Consultant
1999 - 2000
Ernst&Young, management consultancy: One of the worldwide leading consulting firms for professional IT services (merged with Cap Gemini)
** Mar. 99-Aug. 00 -- Senior Consultant based in Dublin, involved in the management and delivery of consulting services to organisations primarily in the public and financial sector. Assignments included:
-Eagle Star Life
Project manager involved in the management and delivery of a major business intelligence project (Oracle data warehouse and Oracle Express).
Project manager in charge of selecting and implementing a LAN/WAN Network (TCP/IP Based) and drafting an application strategy. Management of the transition from a standalone PC environment to a networked environment. Business process re-engineering. Recruitment of an IT manager.
-Department of Justice
Assignment to the Department of Justice on the Courts Computerisation project. The envisioned system was intended to support all core DoJ’s activities. The project included initial analysis to system implementation, associated workflow systems and business process redesign.
-Bank Of Ireland:
Project manager involved in the management and delivery of Internet / Intranet / Wap consulting services.
Responsible for implementing the new corporate Intranet based on Lotus Domino technology (including electronic procurement process automation)
- Project Manager
Noisy le grand_France
1995 - 1998
Kellogg’s Corp.: Leading Company in ready-to-eat cereals (1998: 6B$ turnover worldwide). Brands including K Corn Flakes, Smacks, Frosties, Special K, Kellogg’s Oats …
** Feb. 95-Mar. 99 -- Project manager, working within the Kellogg’s organisation at both local and European levels.
Project manager (4 nationality team), responsible for the design and the implementation of a Business intelligence (BI) initiative.
Member of the global (world-wide) BI -DSS/EIS think group, recommending the global BI -Decision Support strategy.
Key business analyst working on a European project to achieve the local design and implementation of an ERP: Oracle Consumer Package Goods (CPG: Oracle application, ESS from IMI, Manugistic, and Oracle Gemms) for France, Belgium and the Netherlands. Process re-engineering, adopting and adapting business strategy from the European model.
-Locally wide (France & Benelux)
Management of a team of 8 internal/external, responsible for support and new projects (scope included: OTC systems, finance systems, EDI systems, field sales systems and HR systems)
Project manager, responsible for the 'Year 2000 compliance' program (20+ projects including infrastructure and facilities), for a total budget of 1M$.
Project manager, responsible for the 'Euro compliance' program.
1993 - 1995
** Feb. 93-Jan. 95 -- Consultant involved in the management and delivery of consulting services to organisations primarily in the financial sector. Assignments included:
- SOCAPI (Insurance company)
Project manager, responsible for the design and implementation of a pension and inheritance tax simulating capability (Technology based on the Minitel : French ancestor of the WWW). Management of permanent and contracted staff.
- Dexia (Bank)
Project manager, responsible for the next release of a bespoke rating application (Customer rating), and the design and implementation of an a new HR system. Management of permanent and contracted staff.
1991 - 1993
** Jan. 91-Jan. 93 -- Junior Consultant involved in the management and delivery of consulting service to organisations primarily in the financial sector. Assignments included:
- Societé Generale (Bank)
Business analyst, member of team responsible for re-writing the company core application. Responsible for the database design and optimisation. Design and implementation of testing strategy.