- Global Director Digital Partnerships & Marketing
2017 - maintenant
Rexel specializes in the distribution of electrical supplies to professional users. It distributes products and services in the areas of automation, technical supply and energy management.
Mission: responsible for establishing digital marketing, development cooperatives &
channel relationships with our strategic partners across the globe in order to drive sales.
* Designed, developed and made operational REXEL's digital marketing package offering to our supplier base which includes leveraging our web publishing, email and dedicated content marketing capabilities. This program has generated + EUR 3M in additional margin globally per year.
* Established product data quality standards and reporting for both internal and external consumption to improve the product content quality on our web-shops.
Created quality control dashboards with interactive access for our strategic partners in order to easily identify content issues, take action and monitor progress.
* Developed customer lead generation program with our strategic partners to establish a source for new customer acquisition via preferred partner deep-links from our supplier websites to REXEL's facilitating customer online purchases.
* Established digital asset tagging and tracking standards along with training workshops to improve global proficiency of Google Analytics and reporting of our digital campaign performance, customer behavior and engagement.
- Director Digital Patnerships & Marketing
2017 - maintenant
Toys R Us
- Director Digital Marketing
2013 - 2017
Toys R Us, Cologne, Germany
Toys R Us is a toy, clothing, video game, and baby product retailer.
Mission: reporting to the CEO, I was responsible for the digital marketing activities and execution of the e-Commerce websites across * Responsible for a $4M advertising budget across Europe with six direct reports and overall scope of 20+ people. Activities include paid search advertising, email, affiliate marketing, display advertising, social media, CRM and TVC.
* Increased on-line revenue across the European markets by and average of +20% YOY, generating EUR 150M annually.
* Established executive sponsorships with strategic suppliers such as LEGO, Mattel &
Hasbro to create a cross-functional partnership to deliver e-Commerce excellence.
Through this partnership we have developed a strategic roadmap supported by content marketing that all European markets are benefiting from. Revenue for these brands improved from running negative -4% YOY to up +43% as a result of this focus.
* Introduced web publishing packages to our strategic suppliers to increase/expand our supplier funded marketing revenue by + EUR 2M. Led the negotiations with LEGO, Hasbro, Mattel, DreamWorks, Nickelodeon, Lucas Films, Marvel, Pixar & WB.
* Upgraded our email service provider across Europe which included the search, selection and contract negotiation. Reduced our email rates/fees by -40%.
Improved our email capabilities to allow for customer targeting & segmentation.
SKINS Compression Sportswear
- Chief Digital Officer
2011 - 2013
SKINS designs and manufactures compression sportswear for athletes and sports enthusiasts.
Mission : reporting to the COO, I was responsible for the creation, operations, global marketing and revenue for the SKINS e-commerce channels across 9 multi-language countries and currencies across North America, Europe & APAC.
* Responsible for the execution across all of the on-line marketing channels supporting the business including e-mail content, social media, SEO optimization, PPC, display media ads, video content/ads and sponsorships.
* Managed the digital marketing, graphic design and customer service teams along with three agencies specializing in digital marketing, web and mobile application development.
* Led the development/ new design of the on-line store which included complete home page and navigation re-designs. Provided additional functionality to the site to improve customer experience including adding search, size calculator, improved filtering options and complete SEO optimization audit/overhaul.
* Managed all back-end functions and support for the eCommerce channel including order fulfillment, customer service and website operations with a P&L budget of 500K.
* Increased on-line revenue by +80% YOY, traffic +154% YOY and conversion +20%
YOY. Established new company records for both daily and monthly results for the e-
Commerce channel with respect to sales revenue, orders, traffic and conversion.
- Director - Digital Planning & Analytics
2008 - 2011
Backcountry.com is an online specialty retailer that sells clothing and outdoor recreation gear.
Mission: reporting to the GMM, I led the development of sales, inventory, and purchase plans for over 1,000 brands across 12 different websites generating over
$300 million in retail sales volume annually and representing +$50 million in average assets at cost.
* Responsible for mentoring and managing the digital forecasting and content creation teams consisting of +30 team members.
* Key contributor to corporate strategic, brand and financial planning. Regularly represented Planning and Merchandising for corporate finance, marketing, creative and content meetings internally and vendor meetings externally.
- Director - Digital Planning & Analytics
2004 - 2008
Walmart Inc. is an American multinational retail corporation that operates a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores.
Mission: reporting to the CEO, I was responsible for the development of the sales, inventory, and purchase plans/reporting for 116 different categories across the Softlines, Hardlines and Media divisions, generating over $1 billion in retail sales volume annually and representing +$30 million in average inventory investment at cost.
* Hired, trained and managed a team of 14 planners while managing a departmental P&L budget of +$100 million.
* Increased sales revenue by +60% YOY and improved the gross margin rate by 9 bps through dedicated margin based analytics.
* Improved company's inventory turnover from a 5.3 annual turn to a 6.4 annual turn after inheriting a +$10 million overbought position. Overall inventory productivity for .com went from being worst in the company to first during my tenure.