Colombes1996 - maintenant- Act as first point of contact for any linguistic query resolution & terminology validation with localization vendors.
- Quality assurance reviews according to the company QA procedures.
- Linguistic testing on translated releases with root cause analysis reporting.
- Terminology approval & maintenance, liaising with in-house consultants for validation.
- Gather information about industry terminology from all available sources to ensure that terminology used in Oracle products meets the requirements of local industry standards and of local market.
- Development/maintenance of translation style guides
- Interaction both with external vendors and with internal product experts.
- Participation to cross-team projects with contributors from various countries/cultures on tool & process improvements.
- Monitor vendor performance, provide feedback on quality and final deliverables.
Areas covered: UI, online help and training courses for Oracle products (ERP, CRM, new technologies, technical domains, etc.).
Throughout my career at Oracle, I attended several training courses which have helped with my personal development and enabled me to expand my competencies such as: process communication, interpersonal communication, conflict resolution, project management, conduct effective meetings.
Rank Xerox LTC (Language Technology Center)
- French Team Coordinator / Technical translator & reviewer
1994 - 1996- Management of French internal translation team and coordination of external resources.
- Translation and review of technical documents (automotive industry).
- Participation to tool and process creation/improvements.
- Freelance Translator
1993 - 1993
Paris1991 - 1992Translator and reviewer: IT documents, computer games.
Testing of localized computer games.