2015 - maintenantResponsible for all hotel operations during overnight shift hours, focusing on Front Office operations, night audit and hotel safety/security. The Night Manager assists the Front Office Manager in all aspects of the department including but not limited to operations, planning, budgeting, staffing and payroll in accordance with hotel policies and procedures. The Night Manager provides leadership and support to all members of the Front Office and enforces the Hay Adams Standards of Excellence in all areas supervised.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Manage and monitor activities of all employees in the Front Office department making sure they adhere to the standards of excellence and to the guidelines set in the employee handbook, hotel policies and procedures, coaching, training and correcting where needed.
2. Maintain a professional and high quality service oriented environment at all times.
3. Act as manager on duty for the hotel in the absence of the Front Office Manager dealing with complaints, problem solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise.
4. Manage the night shift in the department ensuring all employees perform the tasks assigned to them and coordinate Front Office activities with other departments.
5. Inform all Overnight staff of nightly activities, group and VIP arrivals as well as special requests and repeat guests. Check accommodations, making sure any special requests are carried out accordingly, greet guests upon arrival and ensure escort to accommodations if appropriate.
6. Must be able to do scheduling, payroll and other paperwork
7. Must actively participate in the decision making process on guest relocation for nights when over capacity, execute accordingly and ensure a smooth relocation process. This effort must be coordinated with the Front Office Manager and/or Manager on Duty prior to shift start.
8. Ensure the accurate completion of the daily night audit in a timely fashion. Must be able to perform the full night audit if needed.
9. Assist the Front Office Manager in implementing and enforcing financial controls throughout the department, helping with control of operating expenses, scheduling and purchasing.
10. Work closely with the Housekeeping Department to improve guest services and foster cross departmental communication.
11. Be aware and able to enforce all fire-life-safety procedures. Remain current in all updates with
regards to new procedures and training. Ensure staff is fully trained in emergency procedures. This
position is a member of the hotel’s emergency response team.
12. Report any suspicious persons, activities and/or hazardous conditions to the Security department
and/or the Front Office Manager.
Education: High School diploma, general education degree or international equivalent required. College
License/Certification: Valid US driver’s license required.
Experience: Previous Front Office experience in supervisory/management capacity in a luxury property
required. Previous customer service and general computer experience required. Property Management
Software experience preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Responsible for supervision and training of all Front Office Night Audit
employees and supervision of all hotel overnight staff.
Language Skills: Excellent knowledge of the English language is mandatory as well as the ability to
speak, read and write clearly. Second language preferred.
- Sales Executive
2014 - 2015
Golf Royal Hotel
- Responsable Commercial
2010 - 2014
Banque africaine de développement
- Protocol Assistant