- Finance manager, Director
2013 - maintenant
management and implementation a business plan for a commercial company in the building materials.
Staroil Operating Company
- Finance and IS Manager
2011 - 2013
in charge of finance, general accounting, joint venture accounting, treasury management and cash calls,
budgeting, and tax planning for an operating company in Sudan
In Charge of all issues related to government audit on costs and tax returns and reporting of the PSA.
Staroil is a joint venture between Ansan wikfs and Sudapet in charge of exploring and producing oil
from block 17
2010 - 2011
in charge of implementing an ERP ( SAGE X3 ) and putting in place procedures according to best international practice. The mission include :
* Overall project planning, direction and guidance ;
* Review of strategies, methodologies and approaches for completion of deliverables by team members
* Project leadership, team building and advice in all aspects of implementation of the ERP SAGE X3
* Management of scope changes ;
* Successful delivery of tasks from core information technology team members
* Report progress against the plan to the project steering committee
- Group finance Manager
2009 - 2009
in charge of planning, finance, management information and business support indicators of the group and heading the project of implementation of an ERP at group level
headed directly the Bitumen and the upstream companies of the group.
The mission included but was not limited to :
* Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the company to include budgeting, tax planning, real estate, and conservation of assets.
* Approve and coordinate changes and improvements in automated financial and management information systems for the company.
* Ensure compliance with state accounting and tax reporting requirements.
* Oversee the approval and processing of revenue, expenditure, and position control documents, department budgets, mass salary updates, ledger, and account maintenance and data entry.
* Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports.
* Develop and implement finance, accounting and billing procedures.
* Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards.
* Interact with other managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
* Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
* Develop and direct the implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs, and systems.
* Assist in obtaining the necessary licenses and insurance required to start a business.
* Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
STAROIL - EXXOIL
- Finance and accounting manager & E&P Finance and accounting manager
2005 - 2008
Exxoil - E&P
Finance and accounting manager -
Responsible of finance, accounting ,Tax, and treasury of two companies including but not limited to
* Joint venture accountancy and all accountancy issues related to oil & gas ;
* Project & asset evaluation ;
* Ensure credit risk control and define credit limits for clients
* Strategic planning according to board objectives and delivers operational plans to units or departments
* Tax planning and optimization ;
* Provide economical studies to support negotiations with third parties
* Automated the accounting process which resulted in a gain of reporting deadlines
* Key negotiator with external parties i.e. banks, tax authorities, external auditors, State company ( ETAP )
* The increase in Staroil operational result by 180% between 2005 and 2008 and the decrease in bad debt by 80% in same period through automating the credit control process and implementing a management accounting that lead to operational efficiency.
- Head Budget and planning
2002 - 2004
in charge of :
* Developed cost structure of projects ;
* Ensure contracts, external charges and furniture are complying with AFE approval and budget lines.
* Prepared project cost estimate and animated budget meetings with functional managers and where applicable with joint venture associate in order to approve AFE's.
* Defined the company's overhead cost allocation methodology
* Generated daily cost reports with DDR and weekly and monthly reports ( actual vs estimates, closure estimates,...) and approve joint venture billing.
* Coordinate with accounting department to record expense according to appropriate account code and AFE line and ensure Joint venture billing is issued on time. ;
* Revise and update cost estimates and initiate over budget approval procedure whenever applicable
EXXOIL and OFIS
- Chief accountant
2000 - 2001
2000 - 2000
Key achievements include remodelling of Exxoil accountancy to fit international petroleum standards in
EXXOIL and OFIS
- Cost control accountant
1998 - 1999
Other skills and qualifications