Management and coordination of all the presales activities and efforts within the EMEA area:
- Managing a team of 5 presales engineers covering up the EMEA opportunities. Deciding on priorities, and overseeing any technical pre-sales tasks: answering tenders, performing demonstrations, visits to potential customers.
- Presales lead on strategic opportunities and key architectural decisions.
Analyse and evaluate with the respective sales area managers the Dalet market position to maximise the chances to win.
- Promote amongst potential customer on how Dalet can provide adaptive solutions to their MAM, news, sports, and radio workflow needs.
- Responsible in bringing new team members to a competent level where they can operate independently.
- Specified and defined internal tools and process in order to standardise and improve the efficiency and the relevance of Dalet pre-sales communication across the different worldwide bureaux.
- Development across the area of privileged relationship with key partners in England, Germany, Turkey, Spain, Italy, Czech Republic, UAE and France such as integrators, resellers and suppliers.
The team overlooked and managed over 50 opportunities in Q3 and Q4 2012. Each one with its own specificities in terms of:
- Proposal value
- Positioning : as system integrator, software vendor, services provider; reselling either directly to the customer or through an integrator / partner.
- Architecture: MAM, news, radio; includes 3rd party systems from various vendors of the broadcast ecosystem (e.g. : storage, archiving systems, transcoders, QC checkers, broadcast equipment, ESB, etc.)
- Product Specialist and Pre-sales Engineer
Levallois-Perret2010 - 2012As a product Manager, my role is separated in two specific tasks :
Presales and proposals engineer :
- Analysis of the client needs
- Set up and create an architecture that meets the clients requirements
- Preparation of the full technical answer to the tender
- Preparation of the pricing of the global solution including the third part tool
- Lead the technical discussion with the customer
- Follow up on the design and the quote received from any third part to be integrated
- Technical risks analysis
- Set up and perform demos tailored to the client needs onsite to promote the proposed solution.
- Responsible of promoting Dalet by performing workflow demos at shows like NAB / IBC
Workflows design (once the project has been won) :
- Lead the discussions with the customers to set up in details both the editorial workflows and technical architecture
- Identify likely areas of risks
- Write the full workflow document to be agreed
- Handover to R&D and project team for the deployment of the full solution
Levallois-Perret2009 - 2010Dalet developped, and deployed a brand new version of the Dalet broadcast Application suited to TimeWarnerCable preproduction workflow for NY1 and News14 24/7 News channels : The 'templated' 24/7 wheel.
The big challenge of the project has been on deploying, and integrating this new workflow on an already OnAir channel, on a tight timescale (5 months), and on a 5 geographical locations based system across whole NorthCarolina.
My role was :
- Create, adapt, and follow a Timeline to respect the OnAir Date
- Make sure to report to R&D a relevant overview on the technical situation onsite
- manage the risks in relation with the client
- manage the Dalet resources onsite (up to 6 around launch)
- Work in close relation wth the client to fullfill their expectations.
News14 Carolina went successfully on air with Dalet enterprise edition on the 9th of November 2009.
Levallois-Perret2008 - 2009- Deploy Dalet software onsite
- Improvement and test of the workflow with BBC project team
- Integration of 3rd part systems
- Issues investigation and Follow-up
- Training (low level) for the BBC Support team
BBC Persia uses the Dalet Enterprise Edition tool for as a newsroom end to end ingesting, editing and archiving workflow. Dalet interacts onsite with an Omneon spectrum system for Ingest and Playout, a Xendata HSM management system and a Qualstar library for archiving, Netapp as central storage, and ENPS for rundown management.
Result : BBC Persia went on-air on the 14th of january 2009.