- Challenged to reduce business risk as the prime aftermarket client, generating >30% of total sales, experienced sales decline due to downturn in oil prices.
- Evaluated and documented options selecting 3 focus areas: revive the marketing campaign, target high potential accounts with weekly follow ups, and entice aftermarket middle management to increase product mix and promote service offerings.
- Swiftly completed the demanding mandate to catapult service business in Saudi Arabia by +60%, identified and started 2 key customers to propel revenue a further 200%, securing agreement from the executive team and board to aggressively expand sales unit from 3 staff to 10-person team.
- Charged to reverse several previous failed operational, process and execution attempts during the Joint Venture integration of Cummins with Olayan.
- Handpicked to attend training in Dubai followed by comprehensive evaluation testing on training delivery and setting KPIs to monitor implementation by branch and identify improvement areas.
- Generated transparency in operational excellence and process execution, boosting average KPI per branch from 47% in Q1 to >60% in Q2 2018 and advanced visibility of members performance.
- Tasked to identify new revenue streams as the marine segment, contributing 20% of overall revenue, declined due to oil prices and loss of offshore operations in the Middle East.
- Set proactive targets for the Dubai and Abu Dhabi branches, pursued all opportunities, fortified existing relationships and captured new clients, overachieving by 12% in Abu Dhabi and initiating a cost cutting initiative in Dubai.
- Unravelled and resolved issues on gender diversity with an absence of females in middle management positions across 3 countries.
- Hired and coached the first female as Central Customer Service Manager in May 2018.
- Business Line Manager - Aftermarket Saudi & Kuwait
Saint-Ouen l'Aumone2012 - 2017(4 direct + 75 indirect reports | $26M P&L | Offices in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait)
- Developed a strategic plan to prepare a split of the Saudi Arabia and Kuwait compressed air systems business from the Middle East office.
- Negotiated a fair cost allocation with shared services to protect aftermarket business line P&L, drafted an organization chart in line with global business and trained middle management on new set up, processes and practices.
- Successfully created a standalone entity in all ERPs, starting 2013 as a business unit ready for new business and future investments.
- Appointed to lead the $17M USD aftermarket business unit to advance sustainable revenue growth representing 25% of total company revenue with a demanding mandate to reach 40% overall revenue.
- Outlined and executed a radical transformation, hiring a new operations team separate from sales and marketing, centralized admin back office and implemented CRM, creating a lead generation process with tools to monitor conversion rate.
- Simplified the sales process combined with an incentive program and a sales championship to reward top performers.
- Rapidly reached the +50% aftermarket revenue objective, boosting renewable service agreement portfolio to 30% overall aftermarket revenue.
- Navigated through negativity and scepticism to refresh deteriorating relationships and dialogue with a $12M USD customer with a -37% NPS score.
- Utilized 5S to analyse customer feedback and determine root cause, applying lean processes to implement customer service improvements at various plants, taking an Agile approach to improve plans based on customer feedback.
- Resurrected the floundering relationship, catapulting NPS score to +35% with monthly sustainable improvements.
- Influenced a transformation of technical support experiencing multiple issues with high redo jobs, long close work orders and 100% higher local warranty costs hitting bottom-line P&L.
- Recruited a Technical Support Manager and additional staff in Saudi Arabia, and realigned warranty approval process supported with a new warranty database.
- Achieved warranty ratio target, developing Electronic Bulletins Catalogues to fix anomalies while reducing warranty costs.
- Assigned to improve performance and efficiency of client’s compressed air systems and differentiate from local service providers offerings.
- Installed SMARTboxes after European launch, identified targets and tracked installation ratio.
- Drove digital connectivity from close to zero to more than 1200 units connected in 2017.
- Designated to boost local technical capabilities after customers expressed a lack of confidence and engagement with the service crew.
- Defined a clear and rigid mandate with the Technical Support Manager in coordination with the global academy for competence development.
- Built qualification testing level agenda, mapped and prioritized training needs synced to local staff, installed base and desert environment to acquire a clear ratio of Level I, II & III capability monthly.
SPX Flow Technology
- Aftermarket Sales Manager - Middle East | North Africa
2011 - 2012The SPX Flow Technology segment designs, manufactures and installs highly engineered solutions used to process, blend, meter and transport fluids, in addition to solutions for air and gas filtration and dehydration. The segment supports global food and beverage, dairy, pharmaceutical, oil and gas, energy, and industrial markets.
• Create a strategic growth plan for the region, develop a comprehensive action plan and execute.
• Establish, together with locally based companies an effective regional service centre or centres able to provide all necessary aftermarket support.
• Establish and manage training programs for locally based service engineers.
• Establish contact and develop relationships with all existing installed equipment users.
• Develop maintenance contracts where possible.
• Personally manage key accounts.
• Recruit, train and develop as necessary staff for internal and external sales functions, monitor performance, lead and motivate the team to achieve growth expectations..
• Provide accurate weekly and monthly sales forecasts and financial reports for the each business.
• Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction are achieved whilst maintaining profitability.
• Support where necessary the sale of capital equipment both directly and indirectly to the region.
• Embrace and comply with SPX Leadership, Safety and Quality standards.
Atlas Copco Services Middle East
- Rental Senior Sales Engineer
2006 - 2008Atlas Copco Services Middle East is a multinationnal company.World wild air compressors & mining equipment leader. Middle East Regional office is based in Bahrain. From Abu Dhabi Branch I am managing Oil & Gas rental business in UAE & now also Oman. Achievement : successful OGOF project launch. This ambitious project consists on launching Oil Free Air business in Emirati Oil & Gas sector.
From Jannuary 2007, I am also in charge of Rental Business in Oman.