- EVP Strategy & Corporate Development
2015 - maintenant
In charge of global strategy for the #2 Telecoms global operator in Morocco. Inwi reached the #2 position (by both market and value share) within 18 months with more than 25% market share at end 2012.
• Defining and formulating corporate strategy for the CEO. Managed the strategic planning
• Setting strategic marketing for service layers and adjacent territories. ie Convergence,
ADSL, Wifi Outdoor, Cloud, Towering, MVNO, M- Banking, M-insurance, Education, …
Mainly focused on the
• African extension for inwi: M&A project in W. Africa (deal size between 300 M$ and 1 B$).
• Vertical business development (such as Smartcities…)
• Establishment of new strategic orientations on corporate strategy for the operator (from
telco to service provider approach) including evolution of the organization and new skills
- EVP strategy, innovation and partnership
2009 - maintenant
• 2014 Managed the 4G License Auction.
• 2013 Created the Innovation Department within inwi (15 projects launched in 18
• 2012 Created the Critical Partnership Department( 12 added valued partner in the
portfolio such as major banks ATW, CIH, ABB, CMI, La poste, ONEE- Electricity, SAPRESS
(media, logistics),…==> Value creation : 2% of incremental revenue after 12 months
• 2014 Managed Added value services during a 9 months periods with the mission to
address both penetration and usage +140% in turnover and 400% in usage.
• 2012 Led the acquisition of a Mauritanian operator deal over 100 M$ not concluded.
- Nominated CSO and became member of inwi’s executive committee.
2008 - 2009
Since Acted as CEO’s Special Advisor, and subsequently mandated for “special” projects.
- Marketing Support Director: Joined the wana Corp, 3rd nascent operator in Morocco.
2007 - 2008
In charge of Business Intelligence, Pricing, Market Research, Business modelling & Business
• Rethought the wana Corp main product (Bayn) 6 months after the launch of the 3rd
operator in Morocco: + 50% increase in ARPU and over MAD 1 bn turnover after 9
Main projects achieved:
• Set up all marketing support function from scratch: BI, customer studies, pricing etc. and
• Defined and setup the behavioral customer segmentation.
- Head of Strategy
2007 - 2007
• Built the strategic plan for Operation France (25 G€ turnover, 100.000 persons), all Mobile
divisions, Fixed line, Internet, distribution, network.
• Analyzed of all markets, social & techno trends and wargaming in France.
• Defined the 2012 vision for Operation France, with the French ExCom.
- Director Mobile Business Planning - France Telecom Corporate Strategy Division
2000 - 2007
• Strategic activities:
o Coordinated transversal Strategic planning for the 23 Orange Mobile operations.
o Analysed and challenged Orange strategic plans and propose recommendations for
the ExCom for each countries.
• Strategic Marketing Activities:
o Participated to the definition of Strategic marketing segmentation of the Group.
o Set Strategic competitive intelligence: i.e Representative of France Telecom within
o Worked on Prospective 2000-2015: Techno - Market trends
• Business Development:
o Analysed and modelled of cross division impact of decisions for FT ExCom.
o Built the Business model for the convergent offer for FT group.
o Analysed disruptive scenarios and market potential analysis and positioning: i.e.
Convergent offers, WLAN, MVNO...
o Defined Market entry: International development … Low cost models in Africa.
- IT Department Manager
1997 - 1998
• Re-engineered the department (70 co-workers including 7 executives) within 12 months:
even though the department had to be downsized, by central decision, increased the
service quality by 10% after the merger of 3 departments.
• Implemented a budget policy for the next 4 years: 30% saving on investments.
- Transmission Networks Infrastructure Department Manager
1994 - 1997
• Managed 80 co-workers including 10 executives and $37M investments.
• Re-engineered the department: 80% increase in productivity within 3 years and 99.7%
• Designed and implementing Quality Assurance (ISO 9002) on production within 8 months.
• Implemented of SDH transmission network in the Ile de France area:
Mata Data Vision
- Customer Service Supervisor
1991 - 1993