- Lean Manufacturing & Assets management Director
2012 - maintenant
Lean Manufacturing, Assets Management
Faurecia China / South America
- INDUSTRIAL STRATEGY & PRODUCTION SYSTEMS SENIOR MANAGER
2005 - 2012
Position in Brazil and in China
Organization: Interior Systems Product Group
The main tasks of the departments I've lead are:
o To provide industrialization resources to the programs during their development phases, from the business acquisition until the mass production start up. I am committed on the Quality / Cost / Delivery / Performance targets of these programs.
o To provide processes & engineering expertise to answer to our customers, to support our R&D design for manufacturing, to help the operations on process issues, continuous improvement and lean manufacturing solutions.
On top of the management of multi-cultural resources of my department, in my rule of director, I am more particularly focused on:
o Defining the Industrial strategy of our Division in South America / China and on leading its strict deployment (footprints, capacity equipment strategy…).
o Strict control of investment budget, the Development and Industrialization budgets, and the plant start-up budgets.
o Transferring our technical know-how and our experience from Europe to South America and on developing the local expertise in our processes.
Additionally, I was acting Product Development Manager from 2005 to 2006, organizing and supporting the start-up of our China R&D centre.
- I have started 6 plants in China and industrialized 14 programs.
- Average investment management 3 to 7m€/year
- I have set up an autonomous Manufacturing Engineering organization able to develop and deploy state-of-the-Art production systems for our programs in China and South America.
- Operation Manager
2004 - 2005
Department: Interior Systems Business Group, China Division
o Line manager of 2 plant managers
o Implementation of Faurecia Excellence System (lean production system, 6 sigma)
o Ensure smooth inbound and outbound information flows
o Ensure the manufacturing readiness along the Programs
- Start-up ChangChun plant, 183p, 13M€ investment, 15M€ turnover, SOP Nov. 2005
- Start-up WuHan plant, Acting GM, 62p, 4M€ investment, SOP Apr. 2006
- Project Manager
1999 - 2004
Department: China representative office
o Select industrial footprints according to new operation needs. Run negotiations with local authorities and partners. Define and follow up plant building and set up technical department:
- Seating plant in WuHan, 12,000 m2
- Mechanism plant in WuXi, 10,000 m2
- Seating plant in ChangChun, 3,600 m2
- Interior System plant in ChangChun, 10,000 m2
- Faurecia Headquarter in ShangHai, 1,200 m2
Department: Interior Systems, PSA Customer Division
o Lead whole industrial projects for the manufacturing and sales to Dongfeng-Citroen Auto. Co. of dashboards, bumpers and other plastics parts for new cars (R23, N68, N7). Manage the cooperation with our partner for the establishing of a JV, in Wuhan.
o Representative of Interior Systems Division in China: In charge of the local business development, relationship with the customers (DCAC, SVW) / partners / suppliers, technical & trading negotiations, market monitoring, project support.
VW PASSAT PROJECT MANAGER 1999 - 2001
Department: Cockpit Business Unit, Technical Dept.
o In charge of the complete industrial project in selling, manufacturing and commissioning to YANFENG-VISTEON Co. (Shanghai) of equipment, production means and technology transfer for the manufacturing of the dashboard of the VW Passat car.
>>> EXPATRIATE IN CHINA SINCE 2001.
- Project Manager & R&D team leader
1997 - 1999
>> Y2K PROJECT MANAGER 1998 - 1999
Department: Human resource & Administration Dept.
o In charge of overall coordination of the matrix IT organization regarding to the Y2K issue for all the domains (Industrial, finance, R&D, security…) of ECIA Plastic Division.
>> SAFETY COMPONENT R&D MANAGER 1997 - 1998
Department: Vehicle Interior, Advanced Design
o Lead a technical team in charge of the design, testing and implementation of innovative safety systems (airbags, seat belts, shock absorbers) in the ECIA’s products (Instrument panels, door panels).
- With my team, we validated new materials for shock absorption which are now integrated in different dashboard models as the Peugeot 407 (knee protection system).
- I initiated first investigations in France for active knee protection systems.
- Robotic Engineering section manager
1990 - 1997
Department: Technical Division, Industrial equipments
o Lead a technical team in charge of the design, manufacturing and commissioning of industrial installations with high integration of robotic systems for the mass production.
o In charge of the development of the electrical welding means.
- More than 120 robot units installed for all kind of processes (painting, foaming, handling, milling, welding etc) for automotive seats, exhausts, instrument panels, bumpers etc.
- Implementation of integration standards (programming, network protocols, mechanical interfaces), equipment standard specifications and installation architecture.