- BeLux & Southern Europe Sales Manager at Firemon
2012 - maintenant
FireMon provides enterprise security management software that gives companies deeper visibility and tighter control over their network security infrastructure. This software is also well designed for companies wishing to put in place Managed Services. Our suite of solutions includes:
-FireMon Security Manager – monitors firewalls, routers, switches, and load balancers to provide real-time visibility changes, cleanup of unused or hidden rules, and assists with firewall compliance efforts
-FireMon Policy Planner – a web-based workflow solution for firewall-specific change requests allowing to quickly and automatically plan and manage security policies
-FireMon Risk Analyzer – provides a visual attack graph of comapnies' network with highly detailed views of vulnerabilities to pinpoint exactly where the risks are and help to set up the right priorities.
Independent Business Adviser and Agent
2012 - 2012
• Identification of end-user deals, Distribution channel build up on security products
• Interim Sales Management
• Fundraising consultant for Start-ups
• Merge of a Media Asset Management company with an operator to put in place a cloud for media/entertainment companies
- CEO and President of the Board
Jouy en Josas
2008 - 2012
Active Circle is a software start-up company in cluster storage and archive. As CEO my role was to put in place the right strategy and focus to develop the company and also raise funds to assure this development. A multi million revenue achievement in 2011 starting from scratch in 2008.
• Raised €7m in capital to keep company afloat upon joining team and orchestrated major deals to drive revenue and grow market share.
• Grew customer base from a few to 56 and doubled revenue each year by refocusing sales efforts on media / entertainment and scientific sectors.
• Achieved exponential increase in average deal size (€5k to €50k) by reorganizing product price lists and sales models
• Closed largest deals in company history, including a €350k transaction in 2010 and a €600k deal in 2011, which kept the start-up in operation.
• Spearheaded channels (resellers and integrators) in France, Italy, Spain and signed an OEM in the US
• Reduced overhead expenses by half, analyzing operations and making cuts in key areas without reducing customer outreach or quality.
- France Country Manager
2002 - 2007
Led country operations and managed 200 team members. Liaised with customers and made key contributions to contract negotiations. Managed licensing issues. Conducted sales calls in conjunction with representatives. Oversaw deliverables to ensure customer satisfaction.
Developed and submitted reports and provided status to executive teams. Managed employee relations, negotiating union contracts. Handled finance and administration, managing forecasts, cash flow, budgets, and revenues. Resolved conflicts. Spearheaded lead generation campaigns, designing telemarketing initiatives to drive revenue and launch new products.
• Closed extremely large deals, including many exceeding €1m as well as a €14m agreement.
• Transformed acquired service company that became French operation of Software AG into a software vendor, building software sales from €0 to €10m in 5 years.
• Partnered with master data management (MDM) solution provider to improve service oriented architecture (SOA) sales, a strategy that was replicated by globally.
• Skillfully managed organizational change during transition to vendor company, shaping workforce to meet new company requirements by selling specific low margin service component business.
• Achieved solutions sales through large integrators like Cap, Steria and Atos.
• Recognized for outstanding performance with awards and executive commendations
• Became a member of the extended executive board
Iplanet ( Sun Microsystems - Netscape Alliance)
- Southern Europe Sales Director
1999 - 2002
Iplanet was an alliance of software teams coming from Netscape and Sun with the aim of selling products like messaging systems, directory and metadirectory, portals, application server and e-commerce marketplace.
Managed countries were: France, Switzerland, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Greece, Turkey, Arabic Countries, Israël, and Africa. Drove team of 100 people divided in Sales, pre-sales, Marketing and Professional services spread in the different countries.
• Generated revenues of $60M
• Put in place direct and indirect sales model
• Opened operations in Arab Emirates, Greece and Turkey
• Handled direct relationships with most of Southern European Telco operators companies especially for the mail business
- Southern Europe Software Sales Director
1991 - 1999
Southern Europe Software Sales Director
France Software Sales Manager
France Indirect Sales Manager
France Sales Rep.
Marketing Manager Network Products
- Network Consultant for presales and services & Sofware developer
1985 - 1991