2010 - maintenantOversaw 2 major sub-contracted projects that included construction of subsea concrete mattresses in Nigeria valued at €2.5M and 2 purchase orders for a €2M Pig Launcher and €1M Subsea valves. Monitored suppliers closely to ensure production complied with contract agreements. Identified technical, commercial and quality issues and ensured and managed internal responses to facilitate timely resolutions. Managed additional work orders and claims, oversaw the entire invoicing process, supervised inspection activities, and coordinated with engineering and installation teams.
• Delivered savings of €200K by coordinating closely with engineers, suppliers and the transit company to ensure on-time delivery of ultra-heavy items.
• Acted as single point of contact for all requirements and information between company and suppliers based in UK, France, Italy, and Nigeria.
• Good execution of purchase orders/Sub-contracts
• Management of additional Works Orders and claims
• Management of Invoicing Process
• Management of Inspection activities
• Close coordination with Engineering and Installation Team
• Risks and opportunities Management
• Management of issues linked to the sub-contracts
• Management of documentation
Cegelec Oil & Gas
- Proposal Manager
saint denis2009 - 2010A subsidiary of VINCI with 25,000 employees managing projects in the oil & gas industry with a focus on the electrical and instrumentation sector.
Coordinated an engineering team involved in providing cost estimates for project proposals. Reviewed all estimation figures and identified additional costs that projects may incur. Arranged weekly progress meetings for each proposal and participated in developing documentation. Generated accurate calculations on selling price with appropriate ratios and personally presented completed proposal to the risk analysis committee. Investigated Syrian law for tender applications and labour requirements.
• Engineering and Construction Department for Data dollection for all technical (material purchase, manhours estimating) costs
• Corporate Legal Department to analyse Legal and Contractual conditions of the Tender and in charge to propose commercial and technical qualifications in line with Cegelec rules.
• Finance Department to estimate Taxes, Duties & Administrative costs of the Project
• Insurance, Bonds and Letter of Credit costs estimation
• Purchasing Departement to launch LLI's requisition
• Commercial Department to keep in contact with the Client in order to maximise chance for Cegelec to be Awarded
• Investigate Syrian Law for Tender Application (Law 51 and Decree 450), Labour Law
• Sourcing of Syrian Contractors
• Prequalification od Syrian Contractors
TECHNIP France (Contracted by Naurex)
- Sub-Contract Engineer
2008 - 2009Leading engineering and construction company for offshore/onshore oil & gas installations and subsea work with 25,000 global employees.
Supervised all aspects of tender administration including preparation of bidders list, all pre-work on orders, and interfacing with selected subcontractors on technical, commercial and contractual queries. Reviewed responses and assessed commercial and contractual contents to ensure avoidance of additional costs or delays. Coordinated clarification meetings with subcontractors and oversaw final stage recommendation and budget.
• Managed 4 call-for-tenders for preparation of the main operations inside the refineries.
• Attended ongoing internal meetings with many specialist personnel to ensure quality and accuracy of tender book.
• Preparation of bidders lists
• Preparation, launch and administration of call for tender for construction contracts (Civil works, Mechanical works, Steel Structure, Demolition, Piping works, Electricity and Instrumentation)
• Involved in the contractual strategy
• Preparation and redaction of Contracts and Scope of Work
• Terms of payments and milestones definition for the construction phase
• Detailed analysis of commercial offers in order to prevent additional cost or delay
• Negotiation, clarification and recommandation of supplier/contractor
TOTAL EP Congo (contracted by ECP)
- Planning & Reporting Engineer
2006 - 2008Coordinated and authored a single, highly focused weekly report for entire project combining salient information from up to 7 weekly reports from diverse project functions. Led planning of an engineering package in Paris and followed the construction phase onsite in Congo. Worked closely with 3 local sub-contractors to gather required planning information.
• Conducted cost analysis for the early production system package and performed follow up of contractual correspondence with local contractors.
• Trained Congolese subcontractors who lacked project planning knowledge and proficiency.
- Site Planning Engineer (Oman and Yemen)
Colombes2005 - 2006Interfaced daily with various functional managers and engineering subcontractors to gather project information and provide planning updates. Provided weekly S-curve and percentages print-outs to client. Transferred to Yemen to fulfil same function with a greater focus on daily construction activities. Authored daily progress reports with contractual information.
• Spearheaded implementation of successful progress measurement processes for 2 project packages: construction and the transportation of the pipe line from Japan.
• Worked closely with the contract manager to support contractual strategy including client milestones definition, client responsibility on planning, and work stoppage issues.